The deep purple berry with wide protective powers
Aronia berries originate in eastern North America, where they have been prized for centuries as an effective antioxidant in foods and natural supplements.
Also known as the ‘chokeberry for its startling sourness when freshly picked, the aronia berry’s rich concentration of nutrients, vitamins and phytochemicals is found in the skin and kernels of the fruit.
Aronia berries are packed with polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They also contain more anthocyanins and flavonoids than blueberries, cranberries, pomegranates and acai berries.
All this goodness is captured in the intense purple-ruby of ECD Spray Dried Aronia Powder. Our advanced spray-drying process transforms all the benefits of aronia berries into a free-flowing powder that is easy to use and water soluble. Small amounts added to smoothies, yoghurt and other nutrition shakes and bars offer a huge nutrient boost, and appetising colour
- KEY APPLICATIONS
- Attractive and potent addition to smoothie blends and yogurts
- Instant powdered sports and performance nutrition blends
- Boosts efficacy of nutrition bars
- Appearance: Purple to dark red powder
- Fruit content: 60 -70%
- Moisture: Maximum 3%
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- Ingredients: Aronia Puree, Potato Maltodextrin
- Shelf life: 24 months
- KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Folate, Beta & Alpha-carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Malvidin, Peonidin, Cyanidin-3-galactoside, Quercetin
- Phytochemicals: Tannic acid, Quinic acid, Phenolic acids, Catechins
- Flavonoids: Resveratrol, Hesperidin and Rutin
Exceptionally rich in nutrients, especially for heart health and fighting free radicals. Range includes: